Thursday, January 23, 2014

Relaxation guaranteed

This week I've had some annual leave so have been doing things that help restore my energy and my soul. Firstly was our trip to the Shard (see previous post), and next on the agenda was walking dogs with my beloved - would bring a smile to anyone's face.

First I'd like to introduce you to Tinto - he's a nineteen month old Springer Spaniel and so cute and full of energy.


Next is the lovely Kenzie, who is a mixture of Shar Pei and German Shepherd, and she is very gorgeous.


Spending time with furry friends is an excellent way to lower your blood pressure and relax - they are the best medicine ever prescribed.

My next relaxation moment was today - the fabulous Ken gave me vouchers for the Spa at Presence for my birthday, so I'd booked myself in for a full body hot stone massage - pure bliss (don't panic, there are no photos of the actual massage). After the massage I spent some time in the relaxing dusk room - I nearly went to sleep.

Part of the lovely waiting room
Lovely candle in the treatment room
The hot stones post massage
The dusk room - I'd turned the lights up for the photo
It was a wonderful way to spend a few hours - I would recommend having a pampering session to everyone, even if it's only once a year, as being looked after for even a short time is a special kind of relaxation.

Final thing for today was a lovely cup of coffee made by the best barista in town, Ken, and a cupcake.

The mug was a Christmas present from one of Ken's dogs
I think that we all need to spend a little bit more time doing the things that make us feel renewed instead of rushing through life - even if it's just once a week make sure you stop and just reassess what will help you be re-energised. Tomorrow I'm doing one of the easiest things to increase my happiness factor, meeting a dear friend for coffee.

Hope you're all having a relaxing week, and until next time stay safe, be happy, and do something just for you.

Pamela and Ken
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S: A picture to make the most stresses person relax.

Bertie Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment