Tuesday, April 19, 2016

P is for Pitlochry - a Scottish gem

My blogging from A to Z challenge post for the letter P is about Pitlochry, a lovely little town in the Scottish Highlands that we stayed in at the weekend.  My beloved booked us a beautiful room at the gorgeous Craigmhor Lodge and Courtyard.  I felt really spoilt - this is the view from the walkway outside our room.


Huge bed - I didn't get kicked once during the night.


The front entrance to the main house where we went for breakfast in a lovely old house - breakfast was so good, I had pancakes with bananas, bacon, and maple syrup.


This is a fabulous chair that they had in their front foyer - I wanted to bring it home with me but it didn't fit in the car.


On Saturday in Pitlochry there was a market which was nice for a wander around.  This young lad was playing the Scottish Small Pipes which aren't blown into, he has bellows under his right arm which he has to squeeze along with the pipes bag under his left arm, and remembering to move his fingers - true multitasking if ever I saw it (amazing that a man can do it).



The dam on the River Tummel which creates Loch Faskally.


Pretty cottages.


Locks on a bridge.  This is a tradition that is spreading all over the world and it seems that a small town in Scotland isn't immune to it.  This is the pedestrian bridge in Pitlochry.



We love how the owner has decorated their barber shop - people who go in here have to be really courageous.



We stopped for lunch in a lovely tea room called Hettie's and we really liked how they described the teas on their menu, especially the two Black Tea's pictured.


I had a cheese scone that was huge!!!  I think it's probably the same size as our cat Muffin's head. Didn't take away from the taste which was scrummy.


Ken had a cup of mint, fennel, and licorice tea - I'm sure your grimacing as much as me now.


One of the lovely things around the town are metal figures - really well done and they brighten up the streets.  Flower lady with basket.


Fisherman who has even got a metal net.


Nanny pushing a pram full of tulips.


There is still more to explore in and around Pitlochry so I'm sure we'll be back.

One of the places we often stop for a drink when travelling up or down the A9 is the House of Bruar, and stopped there on the way home on Sunday. It's a posh shopping place that sells all sorts of things - most are expensive.  It's great when you need to stretch your legs and have a coffee/toilet break.

There is an art gallery within the complex and they often have things dotted around the shops.  At the moment they have wild animals covered in a patchwork of lovely fabrics.


My beloved particularly liked these outfits and I do think he has the right stance for them.


If you look closely at these bins of birdseed you will see a cheeky little bird who obviously thought this was an all you can eat buffet.  Well what can you expect when they have these in an outside courtyard.


 Now unfortunately I have something very sad to report to anyone who has been reading our blog for a while - Pugsley is no more!  He has gone to a new home and hopefully is being loved like we loved him. So now we have a new member of the family, a Picasso which is pictured below.  Haven't decided on a name yet, but will have to choose something soon otherwise our new car will feel very unloved.


In the front of our car is Monkey - he has sat in the front of many cars now, keeping an eye on things for us (the word you're looking for is crazy).


Pitlochry, such a lovely place for a weekend and I'm sure we will go back again in the future.

Until next time, be good, stay safe, and be kind to yourself this week.

Pamela & Ken
xxxxxxxxxxxx

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous weekend you had! You sure packed in quite a bit of fun. Loved all the pics and the descriptions. Felt like I was taking the tour with you!
    Loved the pic of Ken with the outfits

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michele, it was a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. OMG!!!! I'm on your blog list! I feel so honored! Thank you!

    Sorry it has taken me so long to come visit your blog. I'm glad I did. Now I can live vicariously through your travels. They look like such fun. :)

    That chair looks awfully comfy. I bet they might have noticed if it had gone missing. Or if you'd tried to stuff it in your car.

    BTW, my car is named too. And I have a small dog sitting in the dash. So I guess I'm crazy too. *big grin*

    @dSavannahCreate from
    dSavannahRambles
    #AtoZChallenge2016 theme: dSavannah Defects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad you enjoyed it. All the best people are crazy. :)

      Delete