Wednesday, October 04, 2017

A Hodgepodge of Dinosaurs, Farming, and Weirdness

Wednesday Hodgepodge is here, when we answer a series of questions set by Joyce at the blog From This Side of the Pond.

1.  Have you ever spent time on a farm? Tell us a little bit about it. Have you ever grown your own pumpkin? Been on a hayride? Driven a tractor? Milked a cow?

I grew up on a farm in Tasmania so have done all of the above except grow my own pumpkin, and even though lots of it was lovely, I used to always say that I was a city girl who had been born in the wrong place. The church youth group I was part of used to go to a local farm for hayrides which were great fun and usually descended into mayhem. The majority of us that went were from farms, but there were a few town kids who it must have been a real novelty for.

I can't really say I've driven a tractor, but I have sat on it and steered it round the field whilst dad was at the back throwing out hay for the cows (I was slightly older than in this picture but it was the same tractor). We had machinery to do the milking and I think I might have once or twice put them on the cows. I much preferred feeding the calves as I loved how they'd latch onto your clothes and suck them as they were desperate for milk. It was always a great sense of achievement when I'd taught them to drink milk out of a bucket.


2. What's something younger you would like about you now? 

Younger me would like that I have travelled and learnt more about this world we live in. I think she would also be happy that I have finally become a pescatarian (fish eating vegetarian) as it was something she often thought about. Young me would definitely be happy about the man I'm spending my life with as she didn't think she'd ever find anyone that would suit her weirdness.


3. What are three things you'd like to do more often? Three things you'd like to do less often?

I'd like to travel more with my beloved, have more massages, and spend more time writing. (I was going to say spend more time in bed, but that would negate the other things).

I wish I could spend less time worrying, take less time to make decisions in life, and obviously wish I could spend less time working.

4. What's on your nachos?


Guacamole, mild salsa, refried beans, sour cream, and lots of cheese.

5. What's the most random thing in your purse or wallet? Does it need to stay there?


My actual purse is tiny (deliberately) so that I can't keep too much in it. I have a bit of a habit to hang on to really odd bits and pieces. Due to this I also tend to use a smaller handbag than I used to, but I still managed to find a really random thing in one of the side pockets. Early last year we were out walking and we stumbled across a geocache (Geocaching Information) and I swapped my cupcake keyring for this little orange dinosaur and he has stayed in my bag since then. I'm debating leaving him out of my bag to give him a bit of freedom, but then I think that perhaps I should just leave him where he was.


6.  Insert your own random thought here.

 I've started this random thought several times and then deleted it as I tried to write something about the craziness that has been happening around the world in the last week, but I can't find the words to express how I feel. So instead, in the week that we lost another great singer/songwriter, I'm going to share one of Tom Petty's songs for your enjoyment.


What do you think? What would your answers be to the questions? Before you go, pop over to Joyce's blog, From This Side of the Pond, to see what my fellow bloggers have come up with.

Until next time, be good, stay safe, and make sure you take time out for yourself this week.

Pamela & Ken
xxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S: Princess Cookie Cat looking way too cute.

4 comments:

  1. Pamela,

    I stumbled on the Dr. Seuss quote while looking for today's sillies. I thought about using it but declined to do so for now as I think I'd prefer to plugging it in at another time. I rode on a track once after I got married. One of my college pals took me for a ride. Her family had some property in the country. My memory fails me but I believe they had a small farm, a cow or two and perhaps a veggie garden. That's been more than 30-years ago and I'm not remembering well. My FIL would take the children for a ride in the wagon bed of his tractor. He used it for hauling stuff around on their land. The kids loved doing that. I remember it being awfully bumpy to ride in. lol Thanks for visiting and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think when we're children we don't notice the bumps so much, we just enjoy the ride. Thanks for stopping by and have a good week.

      Delete
  2. Today's world seems beyond crazy. Just no word to describe the news anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the world is going crazy is a good time to remember all that we're grateful for. Have a really lovely week Denise.

      Delete