Friday, December 15, 2017

Friday's Friendly Notions

It's Friday so it's time for the friendly fill ins which are set by Annie at McGuffy's Reader and Ellen at 15andmeowing.com. The words in purple are the prompts that are provided and then the rest is me.

1. Snow can be so pretty, especially when it first falls and hasn't been disturbed too much. Last week we had lots of snow and I thought it was beautiful (not so much on the roads but still lovely to look at).


2. I am really looking forward to an eleven day break over the Christmas/New Year period - time for rest and time with my beloved.

3. One holiday memory that I cherish is the Christmas I had in Saudi Arabia. Christmas wasn't celebrated in the country but my fellow expats and I did have a get together and bought each other silly gifts. My favourite gift was a pink flipper for my keyring that my friend Elaine gave me as I'd commented on one that she had. Sadly, Elaine is no longer with us, but twenty five years after that Christmas, my flipper is still on my keyring and it still makes me smile.


4. I always thought that Santa came from a Scandinavian country until we had a holiday in Turkey. St Nicholas lived in Myra and was a bishop in the fourth century. He came from a wealthy family and was very generous including dropping money down chimneys to remain anonymous - I'm guessing this is where Santa coming down the chimney originated. Here's a link to the history if you're interested - Click Here to Visit.

Do you have snow where you live, or do you have sunshine all year round? Make sure you visit Annie or Ellen's blogs to see what my fellow bloggers have come up with for their fill ins.

Until next time, be good, stay safe, and it's now only ten sleeps until Santa Claus visits all the good boys and girls.

Pamela & Ken
xxxxxxxxxxxx

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for participating, great answers. That is nice that you still have the flipper on your keyring, I am sorry your friend is no longer with you. It sounds like you have done a lot of traveling. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I enjoy doing the fill ins. I've done a little bit of traveling, not as much as I'd like to. Have a great day.

      Delete
  2. Hi Pamela - snow, snow, snow - I'm waiting for it here - it'll come ... it's around! Then I need to get used to the conditions ... but it'll be so pretty ... and time off to just be with your hubby will be lovely. Isn't that flipper fun - but sad about Elaine ... cheers and enjoy the week ahead - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will be getting lots of snow where you are Hilary. Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.

      Delete
  3. Oh, thank you for sharing the St. Nicholas info. I honour the saintly side of him. You read my answers, too. Your answers are good ones. I love the memory, too. I have never been outside of the US. So, I enjoy what others share on travel. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found the St Nicholas info interesting and that you like my answers. The USA is such a big place that you have plenty to see where you are. Have a great day.

      Delete
  4. Love that key ring. Very unique.

    It doesn't snow here, and if it does it doesn't stick. The 70s was the last time I've seen snow here and it lasted for about one hour. Everyone was outside to see it too.

    Have a fabulous weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that your snow only lasted an hour and everyone went out to see it. Have a really great week.

      Delete
  5. Pamela,

    We might see snow flurries from time to time but it's been years since we've had a significant accumulation. The Smoky mountains and foothill communities which are south of us about an hour usually gets snow. In fact, they've had some already. We got a bit of the swirling of flurries with a mere light dusting. If we get any, it'll come next month more than likely. There are so many legends about Santa Claus but like our beloved former pastor once said, the spirit of Santa lives in us all and that's a nice way to look at it. Have a joyful & blessed week and a very Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy, I like what your pastor said, having the spirit of Santa in us all. Have a really lovely and peaceful Christmas.

      Delete
  6. We had accumulated about a foot of snow which then started melting. Now, it looks like spring again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of ours has gone as well, and this week it's back into double figures with the temperatures. Very strange.

      Delete