Friday, January 05, 2018

Friday's Friendly Fill Ins

It's Friday so it's time for the friendly fill ins which are set by Annie at McGuffy's Reader and Ellen at 15andmeowing.com. The words in purple are the prompts that are provided and then the rest is me.

1. My guiding word for 2018 is write. Allow my creative words out and put my thoughts and feelings down on paper - that's where the best poetry and prose comes from. It doesn't matter if no one else ever reads it, but it's important to get those words out there.

2. A house is not a home without
 a cat (is that too predictable?). I always had a cat when I was growing up, and even when I left home my cat Tiddles was still at mum and dad's so it was like I still had a cat. When Ken and I got married it took us five years until we were renting a flat where we were allowed to get a pet, and we got our first two babies - Muffin Monster and Princess Cookie Cat. (We miss Muffin so much).



Muffin
Cookie
3. I look forward to seeing what exciting things my beloved and I find to do this year


Blog postSeeing How the Other Half Live at Harrods
4.  I really need to walk more, because it's good for me. I've downloaded Map My Walk onto my phone and it's a great motivator as it keeps track of the route you took and how far it is. Here's our walk from new years day.



What makes a house a home for you? Before you go, make sure you hop over to McGuffy's Reader to see what my fellow bloggers have come up with for their answers.

Until next time, be good, stay safe, and make sure you have some moments of calm this weekend.

Pamela & Ken
xxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S: Today Princess Cookie Cat received a parcel from the USA - it was some lovely homemade cat toys from the tooth fairy (aka Ellen from 15andmeowing.com). Cookie was loving them and got very spaced out - thank you so much Ellen.





12 comments:

  1. I need to walk more too. I have an app on my phone too. I need to get moving.

    Way to go on the handmade gifts from Ellen and her babies. Cute.

    I linked this post to Feline Friday. The Princess deserved to have her link.

    Have a purrfect day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandee, we'll both try and do more walking. Princess Cookie Cat loves her toys.
      Have a great week.

      Delete
  2. Cookie is quite the cute cat!

    Here are my fill-ins:

    1. My guiding word for 2018 is kindness.
    2. A house is not a home without at least one cat!
    3. I look forward to making more art this year.
    4. I really need to be more patient, because it’s nicer and healthier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great answers, and I agree with all of them. Good luck with doing more art.
      Have a great day.

      Delete
  3. It looks like you two live way up North in Scotland! We have visited our friends outside of Inverness several times- the last time was September of 2016. It's a lovely country! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live about 13 miles to the east of Inverness - it's beautiful.

      Delete
  4. I am so glad Princess Cookie Cat's package from the tooth fairy arrived and that she is enjoying the toys. Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, great answers. I had the same answer for #2, cats really do make a house a home. Great word choice too. Have a nice weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen, Cookie is totally blissed out with her toys.
      Have a lovely week.

      Delete
  5. so cute! She looks so happy with her present!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Auntie Ellen is a wonderful soul. Truly.
    I like that app for walking. Excellent motivator.
    I am sorry for being so late. One step forward, three back. Sick dog, Kenzie, is better. But, we had some very bad news about Clyde. However, we are determined to not let it steal joy. Clyde is all about living life with joy. Animals remind me of the little things like that. Sometimes, I need a good cry, but, like Clyde, "I got dis." Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't apologise Annie, we all have things in our lives that make us busy, and definitely don't apologise when you looking after your furbies.
      Crying is good for all of us, helps us cope with life - let it out and give Clyde a bit hug.

      Delete