Thursday, January 04, 2018

Top Ten Thursday - Fun Things in 2018

This weeks top ten is about the fun things we want to do in this new year of 2018. Thanks as always to Tamara from Part-time Working Hockey Mom for hosting this fun weekly blog challenge. This top ten sort of coincides with the theme I chose for one of my beloved's Christmas presents - I made up a diary for him with things booked throughout the year for us to do together. This is the front page of the diary that I coloured for him.


Here's my top ten:

1. Find a recipe for vegetarian marshmallows and learn how to make them (I love marshmallows and miss them - you can buy them but not as easily).

2. Go wild swimming in a Scottish loch.

3. Have more picnics.

4. Enter some baking in the Nairn Country Show - Ken has to as well, we're going to see if either of us get a prize.

5. Eat more ice cream. There are so many Italian ice cream shops in Scotland that it would be rude not to try them.


6. Visit more old graveyards - hours and hours of fun.


7. Visit more places in Scotland that we've never been before.

8. Have a campfire on the beach at night and roast marshmallows (see #1)

9. Go for more walks and hopefully find more interesting things like in the photo below.


10. Snuggle with my beloved any chance I get as that's always a fun thing to do.

What fun things have you got planned for this year? Before you go, hop over to Tamara's Blog and see what my fellow bloggers have come up with.

Until next time, be good, stay safe, and make sure you have fun in the next week.

Pamela & Ken
xxxxxxxxxxxx

9 comments:

  1. How fun. I'll try to eat more ice cream too. That's a very good thing to do.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandee, try a flavour that you've never tried before.

      Delete
  2. That's what I get for trying to comment using my phone...
    So here I go again: love everything food and fun related on your list. Not so sure about the cementary visit, though. Every time I go to our local one I end up discovering just another dear person's tombstone.
    Happy new year, have a wonderful time filling up that journal with great memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamara, we'll try our hardest.

      Delete
  3. Great list. That was such a thoughtful gift to make for your hubby. I like to look things up so I found you a recipe for vegetarian marshmallows-
    https://www.biggerbolderbaking.com/homemade-marshmallows-recipe/

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you use agar agar instead of gelatin for your marshmallows, then you have to use egg whites. If you don't eat eggs, oops. Also, I have read that they are useless in hot cocoa. I am not a vegetarian, so I just make the real stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Denise. Have a great week.

      Delete
  5. #5 - oh yes, I think I need to do that too. honestly, I haven't had ice cream in ages. I used to eat ice cream sandwiches during the winter, well, it was just that one time but ice cream can be eaten in the winter, sometimes.

    I would say 'read more' because I love reading but maybe that won't count unless you're reading one of those laugh out loud books.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete